One of my favorites above, a postcard shot of the San Juans from our October '23 fall colors adventure.
God's Creation is awesome! I capture a few slices of it on this website.
1) Success in our annual fall colors adventure on the Western Slope of Colorado! The colors arrived a week or two later than usual, but our timing was good by going the second week of October. My goal was to find new locations, which we accomplished.
2) I hopped aboard the Cumbres-Toltec photo train in October. I was pleasantly surprised that the aspens were still a brilliant gold in many spots. I'll be posting photos of that adventure soon.
3) Going to White Pocket, in northern Arizona.
4) Sunrise tour of Monument Valley.
5) Cataract surgery! Thanking God for sharp eyes.
Watch our YouTube videos by clicking on the YouTube icon at the bottom of any page.
If you are interested in buying an image, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page or phone/text: (719) 285-9139 or (719) 285-9129. There are many print options so it's difficult to quote a price online.
I've added a Nikon D850 camera body to compliment my faithful Nikon D810. I attach my 24-70 mm lens on one camera and my 70-200 mm lens on the other. By doing so, I didn't have to change lenses.
THE PHOTO WINDOW IS CLOSING
More photo locations seem to be "closing", that is, landowners have posted "no trespassing" signs or erected locked gates to prevent entry. We visited a favorite spot in the Ridgway area that now has a locked gate. Previously, we were able to walk down a dirt path to photograph a stream in the foreground with awesome San Juan Mountains in the background. That composition is now not legally possible.
I'm curious of your thoughts. Please leave a comment if you want to chime in!